Whether you’re an entrepreneur, restauranteur or developer interested in learning more about development opportunities in our city, we’d love to hear from you. Below you will find helpful resources as well as links to our Building Department and our Planning & Zoning Department. We are happy to assist you and invite you to call for an appointment to discuss your plans with a city staff member.
Our Online Business Owners webpage provides easy access to information, resources and, our friendly staff who are here to help your business succeed.
Here, in the City of Travelers Rest, we foster a friendly entrepreneurial spirit and a “can-do” approach. By partnering with local enterprises, the City has found new ways to help business thrive, serve its citizens well and promote new prosperity for all who venture here.
Travelers Rest wants developers and contractors working in the City to have a positive experience. We strive to work with you to get your project done! Each City Department stands ready to help move their projects forward smoothly and safely. Whether it is a renovation, addition or new construction, we want to assist with timely support to ensure safe, quality construction.
Fast Facts about the City of Travelers Rest:
• Halfway point between Atlanta, Georgia and Charlotte, North Carolina
• 15 minutes to Greenville, South Carolina
• 1 hour to Asheville, North Carolina
• Easy access to Interstate 25 and 276, minutes from I-85
• Steady housing growth
• 30 minutes to GSP Airport
• Home to Sunrift, the Upstate’s largest outdoor outfitter
• Named one of the “Best Small Southern Towns” in USA TODAY’s 10 Best Readers’ Choice series
Doing Business in the City of Travelers Rest
If you have questions about relocating or starting a business in the City of Travelers Rest, SC, please contact Eric Vinson, City Manager, [email protected]