Here, in the City of Travelers Rest, we foster a friendly entrepreneurial spirit and a “can-do” approach. By partnering with local enterprises, the City has found new ways to help business thrive, serve its citizens well and promote new prosperity for all who venture here.
Our downtown area and its proximity to the Prisma Health Swamp Rabbit Trail gives businesses the opportunity to benefit from the unique walkability of the town. People visit Travelers Rest on foot which offers a chance for businesses to provide experiences, services, and goods for those who visit the city for a day or a weekend.
Our website is designed to give you easy access to the information, forms, and permits you need to get your business started. To connect to a city department click the Department Contacts link below. If you would like to speak with someone at city hall please call 864.834.8740.
Fast Facts about the City of Travelers Rest:
• Halfway point between Atlanta, Georgia and Charlotte, North Carolina
• 15 minutes to Greenville, South Carolina
• 1 hour to Asheville, North Carolina
• Easy access to Interstate 25 and 276, minutes from I-85
• Steady housing growth
• 30 minutes to GSP Airport
• Home to Sunrift, the Upstate’s largest outdoor outfitter
• Named one of the “Best Small Southern Towns” in USA TODAY’s 10 Best Readers’ Choice series
Doing Business in the City of Travelers Rest
If you have questions about relocating or starting a business in the City of Travelers Rest, SC, please contact Eric Vinson, City Manager, [email protected]