**NEW** This year’s theme: The Wizard of Oz! Participation in the theme is optional but encouraged.
Prizes: The Top 3 individuals/families in each category below will win a $50 TR gift card to spend in a downtown business! Businesses, nonprofits & other organizations win bragging rights for the next year!
Fan Picks – Selected by paper ballots cast at shops in town!
Facebook Favorites – Most votes on our Facebook page!
Best in Theme – Selected by a panel of judges.
Winners will be notified Friday, November 3rd, and announced on our website, Facebook, and Instagram pages.
- Scarecrows should be secured to 2” x 2” wooden anchor pole at least 6’ in length
- Scarecrows will be subject to weather conditions, so their construction should be durable and all ornamentation securely attached
- Please refrain from using perishable goods in the construction of your scarecrow (pumpkins, squash, etc.)
- Please do not attach or place commercial signage next to your scarecrow
- At check-in, you will be given your assigned spot and instructions on how to mount your scarecrow. Mounting materials will be provided
- Scarecrows should be no larger than: 7ft. H – 4 ft. W – 4 ft. D. All props & parts must be attached securely to the scarecrow.
- Each scarecrow must be suited for attaching to a tree or lamp post.
- Creators are responsible for keeping their scarecrow in good visual and photo-worthy condition from set-up until removal day
- Limit one scarecrow per family or group
- Pick-up Date: Scarecrows must be picked up by 7:00 pm, on Wednesday, November 1st.