Animal Control


If you have an emergency involving potentially dangerous or vicious animals, injured or diseased animals, or animal bites, please call 911 to reach the Travelers Rest Police Department.

The Travelers Rest Police Department is responsible for providing animal control and enforcement services to the City of Travelers Rest. The goal of the animal control and enforcement program is to maintain public safety and health regarding animals in the city and to ensure animals are treated in a humane manner.

If you have an issue with animals running at large, dogs barking excessively, nuisance animals, or complaints of animal cruelty, abuse or neglect, please call the Travelers Rest Police Department at 864.834.9029.

Kennel Fees:

1st day – $50.00

Each additional day is $10.00

Payments for kennel fees can be made at the City Hall clerk’s office.  A receipt must be in hand to be able to retrieve your dog.  Payment hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM- 5:00 PM.  If you come to retrieve you dog after business hours, you will not be charged from the time you come to retrieve your dog.

If you need to trap cats or wild animals, please call Corporal Rob Lewis at the Travelers Rest Police Department at 864.834.9029.  He will assist you with these issues.

For questions involving animals in the City of Travelers Rest, please refer to the following Municipal Code, Chapter 6.12, Animals.:

Other agencies and businesses that provide assistance are listed below:

Greenville County Animal Control
Call 864.467.7595 for animal control response outside of the City of Travelers Rest.

Greenville Humane Society
The Humane Society is located at 305 Airport Road and can be reached at 864.242.3626. The Humane Society feeds, houses, and provides medical care for unwanted animals in the Greenville community. Contact them to adopt a pet needing a good home.

South Carolina Department of Natural Resources (SCDNR)
The SCDNR provides help with nature and wildlife around the home and can be contacted at 800.922.5431.