Greenville Water Project Notice
Greenville Water has a new project to replace the aging water mains which currently provide water service to your community. The scope of the project will include the installation of approximately 2,770 linear feet of new 6-inch water mains along Gaston Dr and Hillside Dr.
Construction is expected to begin within the next 30 days. Construction activities will generally take place between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Weekend work is not planned at this time but may be necessary to expedite the project.
Upon completion of the water main installation, restoration of street surfaces, landscaping and grassed areas will be completed by Greenville Water crews or our contractor.
Phases of the Project
• The new water main will be installed.
• Then the new water main will be flushed to clean out any debris from construction. You may see running water on your street during this process.
• Water samples must be collected and tested.
• Following receipt of clean samples, we will begin tapping you over to the new main.
• Tapovers include the installation of a new meter for your property.
What to Expect
• During all working hours, affected roads will have at least one 12-ft wide lane of traffic maintained at all times.
• Access to all properties will be maintained, but may be difficult at times.
• Temporary disruption of other utility services (e.g. telephone, cable TV, gas, etc.) is possible, but will be corrected immediately should they occur.
• Expect delays in and around the construction area. Plan travel time accordingly to avoid stress and frustration.
• Noise, dirt and vibrations are normal with this type of construction.
Safety is Priority
• Please keep children away from machinery, trenches and pits at all times to avoid accidents.
• Follow the speed limit. Speed limits in construction zones are frequently lower than normal.
• If you see a potentially unsafe situation that needs our attention, please contact your Greenville Water Engineering Department immediately.
Questions: If you have any questions about this project, please contact:
Greenville Water Engineering Department