Effective Monday, May 11th, city buildings will reopen with limited access and safety guidelines in place. See COVID-19 Update for more information.
Candidates using campaign signs must conform to the following:
- Signs must be confined wholly to placement on private property with permission of the property owner. Such signs shall not be located on public property or in public street rights-of-way. A street right-of-way is generally the area between and including sidewalks, or between utility poles if sidewalks do not exist.
- Signs shall not be erected earlier than 60 days prior to the election or referendum to which they apply.
- Signs shall be removed within 5 days after the election or referendum to which they apply. Signs for candidates in a runoff election may be maintained until the final election to which the signs apply.
- The regulations of this subsection do not prohibit the use of billboards.
- Any sign painted onto or fastened to trees or utility poles located in a public right-of-way or other public property is prohibited.
- NON-COMPLIANT SIGNAGE – Any sign not meeting these requirements will, without additional notice, be removed by the City of Travelers Rest right-of-way crews and/or zoning officials. For more information, contact the Public Works Department 864.834.8740.