City Hall Access
City Hall will open to the Public on May 11th. The lobby and public restrooms will be open to customers/citizens, but we will restrict public access to employee areas, conference rooms etc. All other building, facilities, meeting rooms, etc. will remain closed to the public through May.
When You Visit:
In-person customer service will be handled through the glass windows in the front lobby. The front lobby service windows will remain closed when assisting customers and opened as necessary to accept paperwork, documents, payment, etc.
- Visitors must enter the building through the door that is nearest the parking lot off Old Buncombe Road
- To exit the building please use the door facing Trailblazer Drive
- There will be directional signage and tape on floor in the lobby to ensure safe movement
- Tape on the floor will mark every six-foot to ensure social distancing protocol
- Hand sanitizer will be available
Doing Business Online, by Phone 0r Email:
To minimize in-person interactions, we encourage residents and customers to process applications, requests, etc. via:
Most Requested Forms
Below you will find links to download commonly requested forms. Forms not listed below may be found HERE. If you do not see the form that you need or have questions please contact Renee Smouse at [email protected].
Plan review application
Sign permit application
Special event permit application
Business license application
Freedom of Information Act Application
Electrical Permit Application
Plumbing Permit Application
Mechanical permit applications
What We’re Doing To Protect You and Our Employees:
- Employees will wear a mask when in close contact (within 6 feet) of a customer when not separated by glass
- Doors will be wiped with a sanitizer often and sanitizer wipes will be available near entrance and exits
- Our staff will be wiping and sanitizing office machines and hands before and after use
- The public water cooler will be wiped often throughout the day
- All horizontal surfaces, light switches and trash cans will be sanitized regularly in public or common areas
- Carpets and hard surface floors will be misted with TB-Cide Quat
Administration will not accept walk-in meetings or conduct in-person meetings. We will continue to use Zoom Video Conference for external meetings and Council meetings through May. The city will reassess the situation and modify limitations as needed.