Call for Scarecrows
Calling all Scarecrow Makers!
It’s time to dig out those old clothes, gather your fall decorations and start designing the perfect scarecrow! Here you will find information to enter your crafty scarecrow creation in our annual Scarecrows on Main competition. We’re looking forward to seeing your scarecrow and encourage you to get the whole family involved in this fun project!
WHO CAN ENTER: Everyone is welcome to enter the scarecrow competition. There is no entry fee!
WHEN: Scarecrows will be on display from Sunday, October 10 thru Monday, November 1.
WHERE: Along Main St, at the gazebo and in front of local shops and restaurants in Travelers Rest.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE: To participate, complete the registration form by clicking on the APPLY HERE link below. Registration deadline, Monday, Oct 4.
WHEN IS MY SCARECROW DUE: Scarecrow check-in will take place Saturday and Sunday, Oct 9 & 10 from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm at the gazebo on Main Street. We will contact you with check-in instructions prior to that date.
The contest is open to all ages. There is no entry fee but registration is required and must be received by Monday, Oct 4.
Voting: Voting begins Monday, Oct 11, and ends Sunday, Oct 24.
First Place – $200.00 gift card
Second Place – $100.00 gift card
Third Place – $75.00 gift card
Scarecrows must be picked up Monday, November 1st by 7 pm.
- Scarecrows must be secured to 2” x 2” wooden anchor pole at least 6’ in length
- Scarecrows will be subject to weather conditions, so their construction should be durable and all ornamentation securely attached
- Please refrain from using perishable goods in the construction of your scarecrow (pumpkins, squash, etc.)
- At check-in, you will be given your assigned spot and instructions on how to mount your scarecrow. Mounting materials will be provided
- Creators are responsible for keeping their scarecrow in good visual and photo-worthy condition from set-up until removal day
- Limit one scarecrow per family or group
- Please plan to remove your scarecrow on Monday, November 1
VOTING & JUDGING:
Judging will be based on the most votes. Ballots will be available in participating businesses in Downtown Travelers Rest and a Facebook album will be posted. Scarecrows with the most ballot votes and Facebook likes combined win.
Winners will be notified Wednesday, October 27, and announced on our website, Facebook, and Instagram pages.
NEED SOME IDEAS?
Here are some useful links to help get your creative juices flowing.