Recycle Right, TR!
Through a partnership with Greater Greenville Sanitation and grant funds from SCDHEC, the City of Travelers Rest has a new recycling program beginning Wednesday, March 17:
- All existing city residents currently recycling will receive a BLUE 96 – gallon Roll Cart
- You may begin using your blue roll cart for recycling as soon as you receive it
- Your recycle pick up day will be the same day as your trash pick-up day
- If you plan to recycle you must use the roll cart
- You may keep your old recycling bin, however ONLY the BLUE Recycle Roll Cart will be serviced
Begin Recycling Services: If you would like to begin recycling pickup services, you may request a 96 gal recycling roll cart by completing the Service Request Form and check the recycling box. Email the completed form to [email protected].
Optout of Recycling Services: If you would like to optout of recycling pickup services, please complete the Service Request Form and check the “Optout of Services” box. Email the completed form to [email protected].
Recycling Collection Guidelines:
- Recyclable items should be placed loose and only in the container provided
- Do not bag recyclables
- Flatten cardboard to allow for more space in the container
- Paper products
- Metal including aluminum, soda cans, steel cans
- Plastics 1 & 2: Soda bottles, laundry detergent, water bottles
Items Not Accepted:
- Glass, ceramics, mirrors
- Clothing, footwear
- Snack and candy wrappers
- Styrofoam, plastic cups, plastic bags
- Batteries, extension cords, lights