Travelers Rest Accepting Applications for Chief of Police.
• Under limited supervision, will manage, direct, and coordinate the activities of police services and divisional operations while exercising responsibility for enforcement of state and local laws relating to public safety
• Performs administrative duties such as preparing budget estimates, controlling expenditures, drafting rules, regulations, procedures, and conducting investigations and other related tasks
• Supervises the activities of Police Command Staff, Uniform Patrol, Detectives, Communications, Records and Community Services
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited four-year college or university with a major in criminal justice, public/business administration or related field is preferred
• A minimum 15 years law enforcement experience with 10 years of progressively responsible management experience. Five years of command experience (lieutenant or above) is preferred
• Residency within a 15-mile radius of the City is required and can be accomplished during a negotiated period of time. Preferred candidate must pass full background check
Pay Information: Salary based on qualifications and experience
How To Apply: Please send, application, resume, cover letter and references to City of Travelers Rest, Attention: City Administrator Eric Vinson, 6711 State Park Road, Travelers Rest, SC 29690. An employment application may be downloaded here and a complete job description may be read here.
The City of Travelers Rest is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline: September 26, 2018
As construction nears completion, the Travelers Rest City Hall and the Police Station are scheduled to move to a brand new 14,700 square-foot facility that is located at 125 Trailblazer Drive. Our new building will house city administrative offices, the police department, 911 dispatch, a municipal court, and a visitor’s center area. Please check back for more details.
Talk of the Town newsletter
City of Travelers Rest offers grants
The City of Travelers Rest offers grants to support local events and non-profits. The deadline for applications is March 31st for the following year’s funding (beginning July 1). Organizations must reapply for funding each year on or before March 31st for the next fiscal year.
The Grant Agreement and the Grant Application can be downloaded here:
City of TR Grant Agreement
City of TR Grant Application.
Market Analysis and Economic Plan available online.
After making its debut to an enthusiastic crowd at City Hall on July 19, Arnett/Muldrow and Associates’ TR Market Analysis and Economic Plan final report is now available for download here.
Police Department Bulletins
Follow this link to the TRPD Bulletins page:Travelers Rest Police Department Bulletins